往威士拿方向的交通可能受影响
要留意
 楼主| 发表于 2010-8-6 22:32:44 | 显示全部楼层
电视新闻在播放
 楼主| 发表于 2010-8-6 22:42:30 | 显示全部楼层
看来明天在户内攀爬比较安全 :wink:
发表于 2010-8-6 22:50:50 | 显示全部楼层
Hi Alex,
The last time this happened was in the FAll of 1986 and all SAR units responded to this disaster. Oddly it is occuring the same way. The landslide was followed by a rain storm which flooded the whole Pemberton Valley. The problem is with the devastator Glacier on Mount Meager. It continually creates a natural dam which at some point collapses. I was there during the last rescue and spent 5 days in the Valley. People were trapped in flooded basements and there were many fires from burning wet hay in the barns. The wet hay (grass) in the barns decomposes quickly, building combustable gases which quickly catch fire. I'm sure their memory of the last flood is still fresh in their minds.

Two Geologists were killed in the landslides from that glacier and I'm sure that the thermal power project which extracts steam from below that glacier does not help the situation. This could mean that Meager Springs will be closed for a couple of years again.

P
 楼主| 发表于 2010-8-6 23:02:16 | 显示全部楼层
This is what the news said.  Will the glaciers melt a little bit faster because of the heat and the storm?  If so, then it is not advisable to hike close to glaciers area.

Luckily Camony is camping in Manning Park tonight.  I'm camping in front of the TV with my iPad surfing the net.  :lol:  :lol:
发表于 2010-8-7 18:41:27 | 显示全部楼层
泥石流突从冰山塌下
延绵2公里 彭伯顿2000人连夜疏散
【明报专讯】近卑诗彭伯顿(Pemberton)昨日早上突然有近2公里长的泥石流从冰川的山坡衝下,大量的沙石将溪流截断,形成天然水坝,但不断上升的水位有将堤坝破裂的危险,省府為安全起见,昨晚紧急疏散约2000名居民。

房屋及社会发展厅长高利民(Rich Coleman)表示,因山泥倾泻而发出的疏散警告,昨晚升级為疏散令,预计有近2000名居民要疏散。

昨日早上约5时半,2公里长、500米阔的泥石流突然从山上衝下至近彭伯顿的马尔溪(Meager Creek),并将溪流截断和将利卢域河(Lillooet River)的流水分成两边。

彭伯顿位于温哥华以北250公里。

威士拿皇家骑警勒梅(Shawn LeMay)形容,泥石流就如大型的雪崩,沙泥截断了马尔溪,形成一道天然堤坝,使溪流西南面一段的水位不断上升。

泥石流是来自正在融化的Capricorn冰川的山坡,而沙石在天然水坝的位置,形成一个10公里阔的湖泊。

勒梅指,Capricorn冰川山坡崩缺,而沙泥倒塌在马尔溪上,来自山坡沙石和雪堵塞著溪流。

高利民指,地质学等专家自发生山泥倾泻后到现场监察,而警方则逐户向附近居民发出要疏散警告,要他们准备随时疏散,但在晚上人员已发现水位大量上升,而不断上升的湖水可衝破堤坝,再造成氾滥。

他指,这情况对居民很危险,而当局必须小心处理,当局亦不会冒这个险,万一湖水衝破堤坝,河水会涌进彭伯顿谷地,因此决定要求居民立即疏散。

高利民续称,当局无法估计,假如堤坝被衝破后,河水速度有多快,因為晚间黑暗和被截流位置较為偏僻,令测量更难进行。

事发地点位近彭伯顿西北面的著名马尔溪温泉营地,泥石流亦一度使13名露营人士被困营地。

威士拿皇家骑警勒梅指,幸事件未有造成伤亡。他说:「我们已将他们救出,并约在午饭时间完成疏散程序,现在第三度巡查,确定每个人都安全。」

他续称,露营人士被带往彭伯顿,他们大部分都住在那里。

西门菲沙大学(SFU)地球科学系教授克莱格(John Clague)指,山泥倾泻有可能是因為彭伯顿气温高引致。

他解释,于这段炎热的天气会使大量冰雪融化,这地区接近一个冰川,那里有亦有正在融化中的雪,这有如向不稳定的物质注入水。

省府当局指,彭伯顿附近被疏散居民何时可回家,仍有观察,若水位渐降和没有造成氾滥,可望在周六回家。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|Archiver|手机版|北美户外俱乐部

GMT-8, 2024-5-21 12:54 , Processed in 0.058259 second(s), 6 queries , File On.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表