搜索
热搜: 活动 交友
查看: 1600|回复: 0

rescue on mt marriott 19-22 August 2013

[复制链接]
扫一扫,手机访问本帖
发表于 2013-8-23 07:18:32 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Originally posted by royball

[br]my wife and I hiked into Wendy Thompson Hut for a couple of nights. had a pleasant meander around the upper meadows and lake on day 2 and also took a look at route to mt Marriott for a future possible solo hike for me. this is a great place to chill out that sees relatively few visitors in the summer. Lots of possible easy ridge walks nearby and at neighboring Rohr lake (which also has good fishing :) ).

At midnight on day two , 4 hikers arrived, one injured from a fall descending from Mt. Marriott. they left the injured hiker with us and hiked out to contact S&R.

S&R arrived in helicopter early next am. Bravo Whistler S&R!!! really nice couple of volunteers.

A few observations.

Even without the accident this group would have hiked out in the dark.

Unless you are a trail runner type Mt Marriott is not a safe destination for a day hike especially as the days get shorter. 12 to 14 hours return over endless boulder fields. Certainly not enough daylight at end August to allow any spare time for contingencies. better to stay at upper meadows overnight which means the summit is about 8 hours return.

There are a lot of better great ridge hikes that give you much more time up in the stratosphere and a lot less boring bouldering: Brandywine mt, overlord, panorama to name a few. So unless you are desperate for a new peak, perhaps give this one a miss.

The trail into the hut was a bit ambiguous in a few places and I have re-flagged.

The route above the hut needs some flagging and I ran out so next folks in please re-flag.

让我想到我们第一次从紫湖回返到营地,时间较紧,不过天黑前还是到了,大家都认为天黑走大石头坡很不安全
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|Archiver|手机版|北美户外俱乐部

GMT-8, 2024-5-14 06:04 , Processed in 0.057676 second(s), 6 queries , File On.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表