[复制链接]
扫一扫,手机访问本帖
发表于 2016-1-12 11:33:57 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
雪季的新路线: Lizzie Creek Cabin and more

有GPS参考数据,做功课中:

这是最新的TR:

http://forums.clubtread.com/27-b ... jan-1-3-2015-a.html
 楼主| 发表于 2016-1-14 16:16:44 | 显示全部楼层
a couple replies I got from Mark, many thanks to him, very useful information/suggestions:

Hi Gloria

See attached track to the cabin. As mentioned in my report this route deviates from the usual summer trail once you get to Lizzie Lake. In my opinion this route is far preferable since the summer trail is difficult to follow in winter and goes through steep terrain. Might be better on snowshoes, but certainly not on skis.

It's about 16km and 1300m elevation gain to get to the cabin. Note on my track @km 8.7 around 972m we took a wrong turn and had to backtrack. Pay careful attention for this junction - it's easy to miss this turn off because the correct spur is covered thick with alder while the incorrect spur is more open. There should be some flagging to mark the spot.

Also note my track starts where we parked on the road which is a bit below where the bypass trail starts. Hike up the road a few hundred meters and you will see where the bypass trail starts near a bend in the road.

Hope you go and enjoy the cabin! I'd estimate it can sleep 6 comfortably or 8 if you're willing to get cozy :)

Happy trails,
Mark

Hi Gloria

Personally I wouldn't even think of attempting the creek under current conditions. All of the rocks and logs are covered in ice and snow, and if you fall in there is the risk you get trapped under some ice. A friend of mine fell in last winter attempting to cross and nearly drowned. We checked out the creek near where the old road is and it didn't look passable.

The bypass trail is definitely a bit intimidating in places, but I think it poses much less risk than attempting to cross the creek.

Cheers,
Mark
发表于 2016-1-20 22:07:41 | 显示全部楼层
这个风景不错哦
发表于 2016-1-21 06:03:48 | 显示全部楼层
走bypass 太陡了。现在还不能过那条溪码?
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|Archiver|手机版|北美户外俱乐部

GMT-8, 2024-5-5 14:20 , Processed in 0.057252 second(s), 5 queries , File On.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表