注册
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友
查看: 1783|回复: 3

Glacier Travel and Crevasse Rescue course

[复制链接]
扫一扫,手机访问本帖
发表于 2016-4-20 05:47:57 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Glacier Travel and Crevasse Rescue Course - is offered and conducted by local commercial school @ special group discount price. Often people join BCMC just for a single course like that, which is still more practical than taking it at school.

https://bcmc.ca/m/events/view/1460775457
发表于 2016-4-20 06:59:13 | 显示全部楼层
vera
Glacier Travel and Crevasse Rescue Course - is offered and conducted by local commercial school..

Not sure about the current quality - but I have met and climbed with at least two fellows who attended Mountaineering Courses from that school. It might be that the students missed the class (or the school missed the topic?) - but some alpine fundamentals were either skipped("fall factor" - the main concept of all alpine protection!) or presented in a weird way - like making a prusik sling out of a cord after a crevasse fall, while hanging on a rope only secured by the second in self-arrest position up on the surface -  at first I thought I had difficulty with my English understanding his English, but he was sure "a certified guide" told him like that.
 楼主| 发表于 2016-4-20 08:12:33 | 显示全部楼层

[分享]

我肯定是不了解课程的质量的,只是看到这个信息,贴在这里,供有兴趣的人做个参考。

很庆幸自己抓住了学习的机会,几乎从未错过博士的课程或者训练。想想那个时候博士为纪念Tim Jones所义务开设的课程,我们只需向NSR募捐50元就可以参加一整天高质量的培训课,简直太棒了!特别特别感谢博士的耐心教导。(同时我也表扬自己有认真的态度和求知的热情)
发表于 2016-4-20 10:36:01 | 显示全部楼层
本来想去上这个课
问了一下organizer,结束课后不会有证书可以拿。像是first aid之类的certificate之类的。
不知道大概这类课的花费是多少,课程+lift pass一共要300多,是不是有点小贵?
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|Archiver|手机版|北美户外俱乐部

GMT-8, 2024-5-5 17:10 , Processed in 0.054850 second(s), 5 queries , File On.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表