搜索
热搜: 活动 交友
查看: 10524|回复: 14

[义工活动召集]Centre Creek road maintenance Saturday Oct 14

[复制链接]
扫一扫,手机访问本帖
发表于 2006-10-6 07:34:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
[义工活动召集]Centre Creek road maintenance Saturday Oct 14

This may not sound like the most exciting thing to do, but it is rewarding.  There are 15-20 people coming to help with this task, but the more the  better. The work won't be very hard, consider it a social event, you can can meet some new people(local experienced hikers/mountaineers) :lol:

Event Info from the organizer Gerry
Hi, I'm sure that some of you already know about the climbs on the east side of Rexford, they can be done in a weekend from the Centre creek road. This road has been deactivated and is being overgrown by alder and if nothing is done soon it will become impassable and these great climbs will be lost.
We think this road can be saved, so I'm organizing a group of people to go in and cut back the encroaching bush. There is already a number of people who are going to help, but this is going to be a very big job and we need more people to help. With enough people it is possible to clear the road all the way to the base of Rexford in a day and maybe even on to Lindeman as well.
The most effective tools for this work are loppers and bow saws, gloves and a few small chain saws as well. No one else is going to do anything to this road as there won't be any more logging in there, and you can't get atv's or motorbikes over Centre creek. So it's up to us to do it if we want to be able to climb Rexford in the future. The plan is to meet at the Chevron station on Boundary just south of the Grandview hwy at 7 and meet some others in Abbotsford at 8, and be back in Chilliwack for dinner at the end of the day. If the weather looks real bad I'll switch it to Sunday or the next weekend if it's that bad. If any of you can help out with this task please let me know.
Anyone is welcome to help out with this, think of it as a hike up the valley with good views of Rexford, Lindeman and the Illusions while hacking out some alder along the way.

已报名:
lulululu
Alex & Camony
白枫叶
一瓣桔子
Norm
发表于 2006-10-6 09:28:19 | 显示全部楼层
我和Camony參與.

不過我們沒有什麼工具.
只有一塊普通家庭用的手鋸. 沒有鏟子.
(有一雙手,可一顆熱誠的心喇)

能否參與?
 楼主| 发表于 2006-10-6 13:54:13 | 显示全部楼层
ALEXYIM
我和Camony參與.

不過我們沒有什麼工具.
只有一塊普通家庭用的手鋸. 沒有鏟子.
(有一雙手,可一顆熱誠的心喇)

能否參與?

Yes, we can.  Welcome!  :lol:
发表于 2006-10-10 22:42:19 | 显示全部楼层
是不是那个号称BC省爬坡第一陡的地方?

报名,没有工具,身体情况尚可,希望可以出点微薄之力.
发表于 2006-10-11 07:08:34 | 显示全部楼层
我的脚还没有好彻底。就在口头上支持一下。大家快快报名啊。
发表于 2006-10-11 12:22:35 | 显示全部楼层
lulu,

Could you please give the time schedule ? I would like to join.   But I will have to back to vancouver before 5 pm for a wedding.
 楼主| 发表于 2006-10-12 07:29:18 | 显示全部楼层
If the day goes well, we will be going for food afterwards. But there is no real schedule , you can help for as long as you have time for, that would still be fine. It will take about 2 hours to drive back to Vancouver so you would have to leave before three. Thanks

AMEI
lulu,

Could you please give the time schedule ? I would like to join.   But I will have to back to vancouver before 5 pm for a wedding.
发表于 2006-10-12 12:15:47 | 显示全部楼层
我因为当天要开讲座和参加婚礼所以不能参加,好可惜。 :wink:
发表于 2006-10-12 17:15:01 | 显示全部楼层
报名, 没有工具,但我力气非常大,可以做搬搬抬抬的工作~~~
发表于 2006-10-12 20:24:39 | 显示全部楼层
I'd like to join. I can't find a gas powered chain saw. so I'll bring a small cordless circular saw, better than nothing.
发表于 2006-10-12 22:45:15 | 显示全部楼层
找到一把榔头,不知道管不管用.
 楼主| 发表于 2006-10-13 07:30:46 | 显示全部楼层
感谢大家的参与!

集合时间:周六早上七点

集合地点: Chevron station on Boundary just south of the Grandview hwy  

我们可以在集合地点重新安排Carpool

不要忘了带手套
 楼主| 发表于 2006-10-16 16:25:27 | 显示全部楼层
Gerry
Thank You all for coming ou to help with this project. I hope you all enjoyed the day, had fun and made new friends.
I still have to go out on one of your hot-pot trips some day  :D

Thank you, Gerry for an awesome job organizing! we all enjoyed working with you guys. I hope we could do more trail/road work in the near future.

btw: you surprised me by knowing how to register new ID and post the reply on our Chinese hiking message board, good job:wink: I'll inform you our next hotpot trips, you are more than welcome to join us
发表于 2006-10-16 17:12:20 | 显示全部楼层
请各位潜水员好好向这个老外学习.

[z]5/23/回帖是一种美德.[/z]
发表于 2006-10-17 17:14:28 | 显示全部楼层
总是走现成的山, 有机会参与维护TRAIL让大家走, 我觉得很有意义~~

[z]3/3/谢谢[/z]LULU和GERRY~~
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|Archiver|手机版|北美户外俱乐部

GMT-8, 2024-5-21 01:26 , Processed in 0.061492 second(s), 4 queries , File On.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表