注册
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友
查看: 56222|回复: 11

I just don't get it!

[复制链接]
扫一扫,手机访问本帖
发表于 2008-3-25 13:23:20 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
:( I'm not trying be ----, but I did see this day coming given what I've seen on this site. Among all these people here I've never seen any one experienced outdoor person but those wannabes. I don't think anyone of you have any idea what you have been dealing with in this wild BC mountains. Having been an outdoor man doing hunting, fishing, some dead serious hiking/hunting and camping in various areas in this province for years, this type of tragedy just is another deadly accident to me. No surprise at all!

In BC we only have two types of outdoor people. The real hard oldschool type, and the new generation of tree huggers. Unfornately most people here belong to the second category. A real outdoor person only treats our mountains with respect and won't mess with them any time. A minor mistake could claim lives. Still remember last summer I invited people here to my camp site? I didnt want to do nothing but to show you guys what the real life in bush is. Unfortunately no one was interested.

My condolence to the family of the victim. People, please learn!
发表于 2008-3-25 14:38:36 | 显示全部楼层
blaming is a weakness in leadership. I will not trust my life with people like you outdoor.

Consider what happen now. everybody are feeling pain and depressing.  All you did is add more salt to the wound.

Being a hunter and fisherman. I never seen people more professional then these people. I can trust my life with them. Their leadership.

Look at their postings. you will see how many years of experiences they had. look at what they carried. you will see how professtional they are. Look what they did, they went back to find their missing partner after three days of traveling and called RCMP as soon as possible.

It is an accident! like driving a car. When somebody had an accident. Is that because they didn't respecting the car? Should they never drive a car again?

Now is the time to deal with what has happened. not pointing useless fingers. That is what we call responsibleness and leadership.

Learning from this accident is important, but first things first. Lets give more support to those who actually did something for the situation.
发表于 2008-3-25 14:51:59 | 显示全部楼层
你的義憤填胸, 我心同感受。過往我亦曾多番向tree huggers(on another site)作同類忠告; 倒得橫眉冷眼,反唇相向!!!!!!!!
"惻隱之心,人皆有之",忠言逆耳,反召......!!!!!!!你明吧!
但我並不因此而放棄我赤子之心,我依然在稚子走到深井的邊緣前,再向他們發出忠告。
謹此互勵!
事已至此,我想讓大家冷靜下來,各省其心身,未嘗不是好時機。
发表于 2008-3-25 15:33:58 | 显示全部楼层
xhunter
blaming is a weakness in leadership. I will not trust my life with people like you outdoor.

Consider what happen now. everybody are feeling pain and depressing.  All you did is add more salt to the wound.

Being a hunter and fisherman. I never seen people more professional then these people. I can trust my life with them. Their leadership.

Look at their postings. you will see how many years of experiences they had. look at what they carried. you will see how professtional they are. Look what they did, they went back to find their missing partner after three days of traveling and called RCMP as soon as possible.

It is an accident! like driving a car. When somebody had an accident. Is that because they didn't respecting the car? Should they never drive a car again?

Now is the time to deal with what has happened. not pointing usless fingers. That is what we call responsibleness and leadership.

Learning from this accident is important, but first things first. Lets give more support to those who actually did something for the situation.

老兄,

你的觀點亦有可取之理。
但用詞,尊稱,未免過於親密一點。什麽"手指","--"等只在如厠時才一同用上的。

我相信大家希望在一個客觀冷靜的氣氛環境下討論,才能得至有正面的立論總結。 迄今我們所得的只是事件真相的一鱗半爪,就此批判,未免.....

敬請用互助,互敬,互勉的心態,建立和諧討論環境氣氛。
发表于 2008-3-25 16:03:12 | 显示全部楼层
Bushguy, Xhunter, 很抱歉, 我删掉了你们的发言中一些不恰当的语句。

在此,敬请大家尊重论坛中的每个人及他们的意见。发言时,尽量做到对事不对人。谢谢大家。
发表于 2008-3-25 16:15:53 | 显示全部楼层
We all think we know the whole picture. We know more.  Only if others think in our ways. mistakes can be avoid.

Who knows more?  whose who is not in an accident will think they know more.

Accident is an accident!

Driving is more dangerous then hiking. Should I think I am a better driver then those who had an accident. Should i question whether they are the old school or new school? Should I ask those who sit in my car to sign a waiver form to avoid being suit?

Anyway, I will stop here. It is meaningless!

All my support to those who love outdoor. Old school or new school. They both are school.  They both enjoy outdoor.
发表于 2008-3-25 16:27:17 | 显示全部楼层
I want to apologize for those inappropriate words i used. Here, I want to say sorry. Please accept my apology.

bushguy, I want to apologize to you too. I read your note again. I understand your intention. You want everybody to be safe too. Maybe I over reacted.

Maybe I can visit your camp next time when i am in vancouver. I am willing to learn, if you are willing to teach.
 楼主| 发表于 2008-3-25 17:23:00 | 显示全部楼层
Anyone will be welcome to my camp. But keep in mind that brand named equipment don't mean nothing and don't make you more professional but the looks. I'm still learning too. The most fatal mistake made this time was nobody stopped him when he wandered off and the whole group didnt stop to assess th situation when the last visual contact was made. So where was the leadership? To me it seems that the victim panicked when he thought he was lost, got wet and cold and being alone. Rule number one in the mountain/bush is knowing your limits. Rule number two is no panic. Rule number three for a group is staying together and never leaving anyone behind. The whole group kept moving for at least another hour without know where he was, which seems very irresponsible. More people got killed where they thought were far away from help after giving up, while the help was just minutes away. As always, those got killed were those who thought the toughest ones.

In this case why the 'experienced' leader didn't leave a couple of guys at the parking lot keeping in touch with the police and go back to pinpoint the victim? Scared? Time was just wasted like that!

What a waste of life!
发表于 2008-3-25 18:07:08 | 显示全部楼层
bushguy
Anyone will be welcome to my camp. But keep in mind that brand named equipment don't mean nothing and don't make you more professional but the looks. I'm still learning too. The most fatal mistake made this time was nobody stopped him when he wandered off and the whole group didnt stop to assess th situation when the last visual contact was made. So where was the leadership? To me it seems that the victim panicked when he thought he was lost, got wet and cold and being alone. Rule number one in the mountain/bush is knowing your limits. Rule number two is no panic. Rule number three for a group is staying together and never leaving anyone behind. The whole group kept moving for at least another hour without know where he was, which seems very irresponsible. More people got killed where they thought were far away from help after giving up, while the help was just minutes away. As always, those got killed were those who thought the toughest ones.

In this case why the 'experienced' leader didn't leave a couple of guys at the parking lot keeping in touch with the police and go back to pinpoint the victim? Scared? Time was just wasted like that!

What a waste of life!

你了解事情的详细经过吗?你怎么知道他们没有立即返回寻找小来?
在不了解事情经过时,请勿胡乱猜测。一切等待警方的最终报告。
发表于 2008-3-30 02:08:12 | 显示全部楼层
xhunter
I want to apologize for those inappropriate words i used. Here, I want to say sorry. Please accept my apology.

bushguy, I want to apologize to you too. I read your note again. I understand your intention. You want everybody to be safe too. Maybe I over reacted.

Maybe I can visit your camp next time when i am in vancouver. I am willing to learn, if you are willing to teach.

"xhunter"兄果真是明理之士,

穴中人了解,你與老虎兄同為參與這次事故的驢友抱不平,而亦像"bushguy"兄一樣,義忿填胸,致使一時失言。

勇於承認己過,大丈夫是也。希望他日有幸能與叁位仁兄走在一起,盖三人行必有我師,彼此相亙增益,豈不快哉?
发表于 2011-8-21 10:09:07 | 显示全部楼层

Lessen learned from the accident

I never hiked with this group. Newly registered with this website and just spent few hours in researching the people here in order to prepare for future involvement.

I never heard about the victim before, but now I learned how risky can be when go out hiking here even with an experienced team.

From personal experience, I feel the outdoor sport, like any other format of exercises, is a matter of balance of body and mind, which requires the quality of conscious and self-control, as well as the empathy to self, nature and team members.

It is more about the ego management rather than the elevation gain or length of the trail or the beauty of the view.

I remember there is great quote: “the road to recovery is a trail".  For those who would like to remind you about the true meaning of the hiking, I would like suggest hiking on this one of the safest trails in BC again - it becomes danger for only one reason: you lost your true character as a well-functioned human - a circumstance that we may all encounter once a while in life. That is why we hike for – to sustain these qualities.

We hike to remember the character, we hike for recovering it…
发表于 2011-8-21 22:43:31 | 显示全部楼层

Re: Lessen learned from the accident

Charlieji
I never hiked with this group. Newly registered with this website and just spent few hours in researching the people here in order to prepare for future involvement.

I never heard about the victim before, but now I learned how risky can be when go out hiking here even with an experienced team.

From personal experience, I feel the outdoor sport, like any other format of exercises, is a matter of balance of body and mind, which requires the quality of conscious and self-control, as well as the empathy to self, nature and team members.

It is more about the ego management rather than the elevation gain or length of the trail or the beauty of the view.

I remember there is great quote: “the road to recovery is a trail".  For those who would like to remind you about the true meaning of the hiking, I would like suggest hiking on this one of the safest trails in BC again - it becomes danger for only one reason: you lost your true character as a well-functioned human - a circumstance that we may all encounter once a while in life. That is why we hike for – to sustain these qualities.

We hike to remember the character, we hike for recovering it…

感谢Charlie再次提醒。

我们应该把外户安全放在第一位,时时提醒自己和他人。
在享受大自然美景的同时,又对她心存敬畏。知道自己的局限,不要冒险。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|Archiver|手机版|北美户外俱乐部

GMT-8, 2024-4-19 23:00 , Processed in 0.062252 second(s), 5 queries , File On.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表