搜索
热搜: 活动 交友
查看: 49598|回复: 1

Camony 的悼词

[复制链接]
扫一扫,手机访问本帖
发表于 2008-4-16 08:29:27 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Dear Family & Friends:

We are here today to pay our last respects to the late Mr. Lai Zhiyong.
I want to share my memories of him with you.  He was known to his friends as “Xiao Lai” or “Leo”

The first time I met Leo was on Nov 1 2007.  During the Garibaldi Neve information night, he came into the tiny boardroom by himself.  He didn’t know anyone, so he sat quietly at the back row and listened attentively.  I thought he was another person who came from Shen Zhen. Because my puo tong hua was so lousy, he didn’t understand what I said.  After the information session, he expressed on the forum that he didn’t have sufficient gears.  It’s just like playing a mahjong game, he was short 3 players out of 4.  He could not play the game.   Since then, he actively joined snowshoeing trips whenever he was available.

He loved taking photos.  For some objects and sceneries that looked ordinary to me, Leo would just take the pictures, add some lively and amusing narratives, and share them on the website.  

In Dec 2007’s trip to Garibaldi Lake, the snow was really deep.  His group could only make to the junction where he saw some deer wandering in the wood.  He took pictures and made some funny lines:

The baby deer was a lovely roasted piglet.  
烤乳猪?好可爱偶

Miss Deer shook her bump and danced like a sexy stripper.
鹿小姐的脱衣舞,撅着屁股好性感啊

He also took a photo of the Barrier.  The snow-covered mountain wall looked like an icy waterfall. The story as unfolded by Xiao Lai was that:
“The Queen and The King of the heaven traveled from China to Canada.  The Queen accused The King of flirting with a Caucasian girl.  They had a fight and The Queen left a long white scarf.  It turned into the waterfall.”
雪瀑布?传说王母娘娘和玉皇大帝到加拿大来玩,为洋妞吃醋打架留下来的丝巾变成的

For everyone who has read his posts on the website agreed that Leo was a creative,  imaginative, and humorous fellow.

In Feb, Leo joined us to Whistler for skiing.  After unloading from the Jersey Cream chair lift, we skied to 7th Heaven Express.  As he was snowboarding, it was hard for him to glide on a flat ski run, so I gave him a joy ride.  He held my ski pole and I dragged him along.  It was so fun.  Leo’s snowboarding skill was very good.  He was able to manage on a mogul field.

Leo was an easy-going person and always listened to other people’s advice.  He tried his best to rent the avalanche safety gear from the North Vancouver MEC store when he had no luck from the Broadway store.  He would not be able to return the equipment, so he asked me to pick it up & return for him.  I was so impressed with his willingness to take my advice.  I praised he was a good boy in Burton Hut.

During our 3-day Garibaldi Neve Trip, Leo, Daisy & I were together most of the time.  He shared his orange and almond thins with us.  As usual, he took lots of photos and exclaimed “美景呀!”

When we had about 4 km switch-backs to finish, I thought about having a delicious dinner at 九里香。This was his favorite restaurant.  He loved the spicy dishes from there.  However, Leo continued his journey to the pureland; our celebration dinner did not come true.

Here is a quote from Reverend Master Hsing Yun:

Life’s dignity lies in creating an everlasting memory,
not in a brief moment of glory.

Life’s meaning lies in one’s service as a model for the generations,
not in the number of one’s years.

星雲大師說:

生命的尊嚴不在於它的絢麗
而在于它為後人所帶來的懷念

生命的意義不在於它的長久
而在於它為後人所帶來的典範

Even though Xiao Lai is not with us today, his spirit will still carry on and remind us to enjoy everyday to the fullest.

Xiao Lai, may you rest in peace.  You are always in our minds!
发表于 2008-4-16 13:04:20 | 显示全部楼层
Camony, 好文 -- 有情有意有心!

一个热爱生活,热爱自然,喜欢追求乐趣,善于创造乐趣,乐于感受乐趣的小来跃然纸上。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|Archiver|手机版|北美户外俱乐部

GMT-8, 2024-4-23 04:40 , Processed in 0.053339 second(s), 5 queries , File On.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表