注册
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友
查看: 2808|回复: 4

liesure biking from Niagara Falls

[复制链接]
扫一扫,手机访问本帖
发表于 2009-5-21 08:45:15 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Anybody know how far is the distance (about) from Niagara Falls to Toronto Union station?

I guess that includes niagara on the lake.

I am thinking of biking the waterfront trail.

On the trail, no cheating like I did last time. (I biked lakeshore because the sky is getting dark)
 楼主| 发表于 2009-5-24 08:10:59 | 显示全部楼层
Trip Planning

From the Falls to Niagara on the Lake is about 20 to 25 kilometers. (Biking on part of the paved Niagara River Recreation trail)

From Niagara on the Lake to Hamilton Beach is about 70 Kilometers. This is the first section of the Waterfront trail.

From Hamilton Beach to Toronto is about 70 to 80 kilometers.

So, total length is about 170 kilometers. If we start early, I am confident we can do it.

I asked Greyhound bus for their fees. They will not take bikes. Unless we pay 35 dollars to get a box. I don't want to do that!

Before, I though I can take GO train to Hamilton, then bike to Niagara falls, then bike all the way back to Toronto. Now, I know it is about 270 kilometers. That is too much! I don't think I can do that.

Still looking for a cheaper means to get to Niagara Falls early, I mean really early!

Any helps or suggestions will be appreciated.

MAPS

Niagara River Recreation Trail
www.niagaraparks.com/files/Map_Garden_Trail.pdf

Section one of Waterfront Trail
http://www.waterfronttrail.org/trail-s-1.html

Section two of Waterfront Trail
http://www.waterfronttrail.org/trail-s-2.html
发表于 2009-5-24 18:57:31 | 显示全部楼层
BikeTrain Ontario which runs between Toronto and Niagara Falls on weekends is an option but it won't start until late June.

The route is pretty flat. The distance is not a problem for a day trip if you start early enough. Hwy 81 from St. Catherines, which run through many wineyards, is a much more interesting route than the waterfront trail.
 楼主| 发表于 2009-5-24 19:13:35 | 显示全部楼层
I can imagine...! Biking through the wineyards would be beautiful.

Thanks for the information.

How is the traffic in that Highway?
发表于 2009-5-26 18:51:10 | 显示全部楼层
Traffic on hwy81 is fairly light. It passes through a couple of towns which have just one main street so you won't have a chance going astray. Best time though is fall when you can buy fruits at roadside stands and taste local wine at the callers.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|Archiver|手机版|北美户外俱乐部

GMT-8, 2024-5-6 16:20 , Processed in 0.055383 second(s), 5 queries , File On.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表