Shibaten 是第二人 , 他更野

his website
http://shibatenspirits.com/

His profile
--------------

A MANS DREAM IS NEVERENDING

My name is Shibaten.
I Originate from Osaka, Japan.
I've been traveling around the world since April 1999.

When I was younger I played bass for three years.
But I wanted to see a different world in my life.
Then I started my journey.

For three years I traveled all over Japan by bicycle, hitchhiking, walking,
motorbike, bus, train, boat, and car seeking the beauty of nature.
I had never thought about going overseas while I travelled Japan.
Then I met a girl when I was in northern Japan, she showed me photos of Australia and many other countries. The photos awakened my interest in different views and people of the world.
I went to Australia with No money and No English.

I found farm work quickly and just picked vegetables everyday.
After a few months I earned enough money to travel around Australia so I started from Sydney on a bicycle and cycled all the way to Ayers Rock, Alice springs. That was an amazing time, the desert crossing especially because there is nothing modern there and no pollution. I saw so much wildlife and experienced the most wonderful landscapes across Australia.

After that, I flew over to Los Angeles in order to broaden my knowledge of wood carving, a hobby of mine. I held classes for locals and had a small exhibition as well as a stall in the Market. I went back to Japan after Los Angeles to make money for my next journey. I would work in Japan for a few months to travel for the rest of the year. That was my lifestyle throughout the next 4 years.
I just follow my passion for art, music, people, culture and nature.

I appreciated the experience of having many different jobs during my months in Japan, but I don't consider myself a "nine to five person" -
I don't want to have the stress and I don't want to have to make excuses for who I am. In these 7 years, I have thought a lot about life.
It's like, "What do I WANT to do? and What CAN I do?"

Oneday, I became sick and had to have surgery.
It was only then that I seriously understood;

"You only live once"
  I put a question to myself.
  -What do I like to do??-
  The answer for that was simple;
  -Travelling and playing music-
  I chose both.
  It was the start of my new way of life as a Busker.

I had never played all my instruments at the same time.
Instruments gathered dust in my room. After surgery the Doctor said, "You need medical treatment for at least 2 months" But I've never listened to what that Doctor said because you can't change your life without taking action. I flew over to New Zealand to Busk in December 2005. I had only $400 and I threw away my Air ticket when I arrived in New Zealand because I was determined to take control of my life and decide my own future from that point. For the first few weeks I could not make enough money for accommodation or even food.
My funds were quickly gone. After a month, two months, three months...my music and performance quickly improved as I was never a bedroom musician, I always played on the street (as a busker) this way I was forced to learn much faster and it was very exciting to learn something new about my abilities at the same time as my audiences every day.

During my years of travel, I've been to Asia, Oceania, Africa and North America, seeking my dreams. My performance includes ten instruments that I have picked up in different countries upon my travels.
When I play, I always close my eyes, I meditate to access a state of mind in my spirit that drives my improvisations forward, my music is channelled through my heart from nature, the culture of the countries I've visited and myself.
So I say:
"No Heart, No Music; Music is from the Spirit"

Thank you all for your support, I appreciate it.
Finally I want to say,
"This is my Life and my Passion and my Dreams"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YODoF8e7Jlk&NR=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v= ... amp;feature=related
l_3102255c89e8ed97b6faf85a43d589a1.jpeg
l_2b7f3b34266689e7acb32982539c70ea.jpeg
l_d98810922dbf6f321b2ac8cd8d03b3d2.jpeg
发表于 2009-5-22 08:38:47 | 显示全部楼层
That was my dream, but only a dream....
 楼主| 发表于 2009-5-22 08:42:45 | 显示全部楼层
昨天,听他说,这个夏天 他将留在加拿大,然后 他将前往 南美洲。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|Archiver|手机版|北美户外俱乐部

GMT-8, 2024-5-6 06:15 , Processed in 0.065232 second(s), 6 queries , File On.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表