Will join but not 100% firm!
发表于 2012-12-21 15:22:42 | 显示全部楼层
Check out this bad boy from Atomic!

(Thanks Starlight for the link!)

http://www.levelninesports.com/A ... Wbindings-And-Skins

This splitboard setup comes with:

•Atomic Poacher Premium Renu Splitboard

•Atomic Poacher Skins

•Atomic Poacher Premium Bindings (fits sizes US Men's 7-14)

•Multi Cramp-on Tool

For only US$499!!!!

REVIEW from BC!

http://splitboard.com/talk/viewt ... 439&p=46502

I got the chance to rode the Atomic Poacher for a weekend... Here are some of my thoughts:

Test conditions:

Day 1: Lots of powder in Squamish BC along Paul ridge....
Day 2: Lost of powder in Whistler, mix between side-country and in-bound...

My regular set-up:

Mojo 166 with Ignition I

Skinning:

The feeling while skinning was definitely the best I've experience on a split; really smooth and comfy, somehow lighter than my regular set-up. I found that the "real" tips make a huge difference in deep snow while breaking trail and on steep switchback (I suck at it!). I also really love the skins. The heel riser is easy to reach and operate, but a bit low... Skinning was simply better than on my Mojo.

Switching mode:

Sure it was my 1st experience with the Atomic system, but switching mode was a pain... Everything is done with the absolutely not ergonomic crampon tool. I do get that they want to make the whole package as light as possible, but manipulating the binding and the heel riser with the crampon is a pain in the ass! I really thing that the addition of a more hand friendly tool will make the experience a 100 times better (just double it with a bottle opener or a hex key if you really want to keep it "useful"!).

Also, the whole binding interface is easily fill with snow. Make sure to clean everything before attempting to re-install the binding in descent mode... I don't even want to think about ice getting in the way.

Furthermore, using the "clips" that hold the board together as heel riser may be a good idea... but don't loose them, skinning won't be fun anymore. And installing them was also a pain, because you still have to use the crampon tool, and the holes where they fit were ALWAYS fill with snow (that have the tendency to turn to ice...)

Seriously, my friend, who was a first timer, was quicker than me on transition! (voilé system)

Riding:

The poacher is really at home in powder and soft snow. I found the sidecut to be very big on harder snow for the flex of the board (I don't know the specs but it seemed bigger than the Mojo). But it pow, it ride very very well; it was really impressive, almost in love (but that's powder and keep in mind that it have some kind of a swallow tail design because of the 'tip' of the skis.

Bottom Line:

Very sweet board while skinning and riding, but switching mode can be easily improve. IMO, the addition of a better tool to manipulate the bindings and the clips/riser would take care of this... This is a true powder board, not as versatile as the Mojo (sorry to bring back the Mojo. but it's the only other split I rode). I won't take it for harder/longer/variable snow condition trip, but definitely for day trip or short hut trip where there will be lots of snow.
atomic-poacher-premium-renu-splitboard-171-2011-277x500.jpg
20938-atomic-2012-poacher-premium-renu-splitboard-wbindings-and-skins-xl.jpg
发表于 2012-12-21 21:45:17 | 显示全部楼层
星期六早上十点左右。手机778996285
发表于 2013-7-9 19:24:31 | 显示全部楼层
QQ群吗?没看到号码啊
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|Archiver|手机版|北美户外俱乐部

GMT-8, 2024-5-5 03:38 , Processed in 0.061786 second(s), 6 queries , File On.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表