小来同事兼好友-Jackie Haggarty 的悼词

[复制链接]
扫一扫,手机访问本帖
跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2008-4-15 06:09:29 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
非常感人的友情:
Good Bye to Leo Lai – My Friend
It’s hard to say goodbye.  I miss Leo more as each day passes.  It makes it easier to see so many here to celebrate his life and know how many people’s lives he touched, and in that way he will live on forever.  Leo was full of good energy and energy cannot be destroyed it just changes form.

Leo’s brother is here to bring him home, and so I want his brother to witness and share with his Father and other Brother how proud I, like all of us, was of Leo and how glad I am he was my friend.  Knowing him made my life richer!

I worked with Leo and we became good friends immediately.  Our birthdays only 9 days apart, BOTH born year of the Dog!  Which to me does represent  his stong qualities of LOYALTY.   At first I had a hard time understanding his accent, and he understanding me because I always talk to fast!  But laughter is the shortest distance between two people, and we quickly became close with our teasing – he threatening to eat my pet fish and calling me a Monkey or Tiger Lady – me always trying to trick him into revealing to me how many tries it took for his drivers test!  Now I know your secret friend, but I will keep it.

He had his Masters in Electronic Engineering, what an achievement!  He knew at least two languages, had an important job and gained many friends where ever he went, and always searched for new sports to try.
Brave to seek adventure, and his dream was to be free to travel and experience as many views as he could take in.  He had a simple view of life; I think that’s why all the beautiful things in nature were so powerful to him and easy for him to see.  He always tried to teach me this.  “Do the things that bring you joy and don’t waste time on things that make you angry. “  For any who know me, they know how wise this advice is for me.

He found joy in being generous, sharing meals together, and being outdoors, playing with Dan’s children, or petting a cat – the small things that we take for granted.

I had a bad year, but he never turned his back on me or judged me, instead he was generous with his friendship, kindness, help and he gave me strength and encouragement and was always reminding me to keep my anger away and just be happy.

I want to thank his Father and Brothers for bringing Leo into this world and sharing him with us like a gift.   And to Leo I want to say a bit of a poem I came across when I was trying to capture you:

“Never forget that you are in my heart
from there, I promise you will never part
Regardless of pitfalls or moments of strife
you will always have a dear place in my life”…

I can hear him trying to console me and just saying “don’t worry, GO On GO ON!”

I will go on, with you always in my memories.  Goodbye little Leo my dear friend.

By:
Jackie Haggarty – co-worker, and mostly friend.  For me, Leo was my best friend, he looked after me and I loved him like a brother.
2#
发表于 2008-4-15 12:07:12 | 只看该作者
so touching and true
3#
发表于 2008-4-15 17:31:57 | 只看该作者
真的很感人!Jacky很有文采。
4#
发表于 2008-4-19 19:41:32 | 只看该作者
Words from heart are always so powerful. Thanks for posting this article! It's the best memento for me to remember the good brother: Leo.
5#
发表于 2008-4-20 10:50:33 | 只看该作者
是啊,很感人,丹心还把悼词翻译成中文,方便小来哥哥。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|Archiver|手机版|北美户外俱乐部

GMT-8, 2024-4-19 03:35 , Processed in 0.815065 second(s), 6 queries , File On.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表