楼主: weiqi

自驾去北极坐雪撬看极光

[复制链接]
扫一扫,手机访问本帖
发表于 2009-12-6 13:40:57 | 显示全部楼层

Nice weather at Dawson city YT

weiqi
[quote]beijihu
Drive to somewhere or fly? I want to know if you have a trip plan or just an idea as before.How is the weather condition.
Then any idea?

当然是自驾开车去, 还只是设想, 若必要条件不满足, 也没必要想下一步. 还是先要有合适人选,有时间. 已有那么多人去过了, 建议有兴趣的朋友们先看看坛子里的北极游记...HAPPYPC, LUYI28, LAOYU, GEGE, DADA...[/quote]

Nice weather now, -22~-26 at dark and -16~-18, sunny all week, awesome weather condition. Is it possible to see the arctic light or have to wait the night?

Best of all, have fun all day long in the "dark night" 20 hours?
发表于 2009-12-6 13:45:30 | 显示全部楼层

Count down 13 from today

weiqi
[quote]beijihu
Drive to somewhere or fly? I want to know if you have a trip plan or just an idea as before.How is the weather condition.
Then any idea?

当然是自驾开车去, 还只是设想, 若必要条件不满足, 也没必要想下一步. 还是先要有合适人选,有时间. 已有那么多人去过了, 建议有兴趣的朋友们先看看坛子里的北极游记...HAPPYPC, LUYI28, LAOYU, GEGE, DADA...[/quote]

Sir Weiqi, do me a favor post those links in your reply, I'm planning a trip now.
发表于 2009-12-6 16:56:49 | 显示全部楼层

Re: I want to know the schedule

weiqi
[quote]beijihu
Then any idea?

在happypc的游记里,偶是driver & cook :D 负责早晚两头开车和早起做饭

weiqi :现在报名可以的话,报名一人
发表于 2009-12-8 22:09:48 | 显示全部楼层

One vote gone offer research result

Aurora could be seen on December 21, 2009
Whitehorse, Yukon

Round trip departure Dec. 21 return Dec. 24

Air Canada round trip $161 YVR to YXY and $146 YXY to YVR plus tax, charges,surcharges $68.2 total $375.00

Best westen hotel 4.5 star, free airport shuttle bus, 2 QB non-smoking $135 per day

Car rental available in the city, lots of activities including dog sledding, hot spring, snow shoeing ... ...

One vote down,  :oops:

I have to make another plan heading south but like to share what I did :(

period cloudy, Aurora can be seen at Whitehorse on December 21, 2009

Better than drive 3000km in cold weather, save money and time too!

Best of all, you have more energy to have fun ... ...

Good luck everybody!

Holy, one day I'll find a brother drive there in in 30 hours :x
发表于 2009-12-9 09:35:40 | 显示全部楼层

Re: One vote gone offer research result

beijihu

Better than drive 3000km in cold weather, save money and time too!

Best of all, you have more energy to have fun ... ...

Good luck everybody!

Holy, one day I'll find a brother drive there in in 30 hours :x

打个比方说, 同样是Whistler, 自己爬上去和坐缆车上去感觉是完全不一样的!  不过如果坐缆车更便宜就得好好想想了。。。 :lol:

How many people have you guys got?
发表于 2009-12-9 17:48:42 | 显示全部楼层

The weather sense is important to me

I went to blackcomb by gondola onto the summit, it was great, fast, nice view, more time walking around but cold wind chill :D

I believe it's a good idea fly to whitehorse then rental car, sleigh, or some back country gear, have a crazy fun without dizzy, fatigue because of long driving.

I experienced -32C and -47C in wind chill, it can freeze you in one minute, I think it's less than 30 seconds frozen me, I scare about such cold 8)
发表于 2009-12-12 21:23:48 | 显示全部楼层
直接飞到whitehorse 或北部再租车活动的想法很不错,冬天驾车长途跋涉辛苦而且危险较多,如果坐一段飞机,节约时间和精力,可以保证重点活动玩得尽兴一些。
 楼主| 发表于 2009-12-13 10:29:20 | 显示全部楼层
严重同意, 但是很难实现. 首先时间要先定下来, 各位好请假, 应该是3月15日 -4月3日之间. 然后是飞机和租车的衔接不得有误, 北极天气变化无常, 如遇暴风雪势必耽搁...

如有朋友的时间表合适, 请与beijihu联系.
发表于 2009-12-13 21:58:31 | 显示全部楼层
weiqi
严重同意, 但是很难实现. 首先时间要先定下来, 各位好请假, 应该是3月15日 -4月3日之间. 然后是飞机和租车的衔接不得有误, 北极天气变化无常, 如遇暴风雪势必耽搁...

如有朋友的时间表合适, 请与beijihu联系.

搬家安顿好了?等你召集安排准备工作呢。;)

出发的时间可以早点儿订个有限的范围,这样便于安排机票、租车、预订住宿和请假等,天气因素确实很重要,所以预留少许机动,争取避开恶劣天气。
 楼主| 发表于 2009-12-13 22:47:53 | 显示全部楼层
everie
[quote]weiqi

如有朋友的时间表合适, 请与beijihu联系.

搬家安顿好了?等你召集安排准备工作呢。;)

出发的时间可以早点儿订个有限的范围,这样便于安排机票、租车、预订住宿和请假等,天气因素确实很重要,所以预留少许机动,争取避开恶劣天气。[/quote]
Everie, 你心细负责, 有条理, 我想请你出马策划如何? . 3月22日是看极光的好日子(http://gocalifornia.about.com/od/ak/a/nlights.htm) 我是主要司机.  :idea:
 楼主| 发表于 2009-12-20 15:35:10 | 显示全部楼层
it is book
你们定飞机票了么?

还没有, everie和我会与各位联系商讨.
发表于 2009-12-23 10:14:43 | 显示全部楼层

Aurora borealis that lit up the Prairie sky on December 21

A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!

It's a Xmas time, it's a wonderful time of the year.

Enjoy parties, meet friends and shopping around.

As expected: Aurora borealis that lit up the Prairie sky like never before.

Canadian and U.S. scientists working on a $200-million mission to unravel the mysteries of the northern lights have made a "startling discovery" after 20 cameras positioned throughout Canada and Alaska -- in combination with satellite imagery and radar data -- captured the "spectacular" collision of two waves of aurora borealis that lit up the Prairie sky like never before.

The remarkable sequence of explosive flashes was captured during the winter of 2007-2008 and only recently reconstructed by scientists interpreting data from the network of ground cameras, radar stations and an array of sensors aboard five THEMIS satellites.

It began as a slow-moving "curtain" of auroras moved north across the Prairie provinces, eventually reaching a latitude of about Edmonton.

To the northwest, meanwhile, a fast-moving "knot" of northern lights centred around Fort Nelson, B.C. -- and encompassing the entire region where the boundaries of B.C., Yukon, Northwest Territories and Alberta meet -- sped toward the Prairies' slow-moving band of auroras.

The resulting collision produced a sudden, "explosive" flare-up of northern lights over the Saskatchewan-Manitoba border.

The "movie" depicting the crash of Canadian auroras was created by UCLA researcher Toshi Nishimura, who tapped data from recordings above and below the collision to create a coherent, simulated picture of the event.

"Our jaws dropped when we saw the movies for the first time," said UCLA scientist Larry Lyons, one of scores of researchers involved in the joint NASA-Canadian Space Agency THEMIS project probing the famous polar light show. THEMIS, launched in 2007, stands for "Time History of Events and Macroscale Interactions during Substorms."

"These outbursts are telling us something very fundamental about the nature of auroras," Mr. Lyons said.

The colliding bands of light are so vast that observers in any one location would be unable to perceive the full extent of celestial illumination, the scientists explained in a summary of their study, presented last week at a conference in San Francisco.

Mr. Lyons described how the images were "like nothing I had seen before. Over the next several days, we surveyed more events. Our excitement mounted as we became convinced that the collisions were happening over and over."

The scientists believe the outbursts are produced by interactions between the auroras and the Earth's "plasma tail," a vast stream of charged particles amassed from solar winds and bound together by the planet's magnetic field.

The Northern Lights -- also energized by charged particles -- appear to erupt dramatically when "jetting through the tail."

Dave Sibeck, a THEMIS scientist with NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Maryland, said combining data from various sources has given the team "a nearly complete picture of what causes explosive auroral substorms."

By December 2007, project scientists announced they'd already made several key discoveries about the northern lights -- including the presence of "magnetic ropes" linking the Earth's upper atmosphere to the sun.

And in February 2008, the team revealed how the Earth's "magnetotail" -- a stretching of the planet's magnetic field caused by solar winds -- can "snap" during space substorms to make the northern lights "dance."

[/url]
aurora2009.jpg
发表于 2009-12-23 13:17:23 | 显示全部楼层

Re: Aurora borealis that lit up the Prairie sky on December 21

beijihu

Looks very impressive! Are you there watching?
发表于 2009-12-23 17:41:10 | 显示全部楼层

starlight
[quote]beijihu

Looks very impressive! Are you there watching?[/quote]

Hotel and vechile rental ready but flight :oops:

I'm monitoring the next chance.

I booked next vacation time in between March 5 ~15, 2010, I might drive there as I mentioned before.

Do you want to go to the north some time next year?
发表于 2009-12-24 10:29:52 | 显示全部楼层

beijihu
[quote]starlight
[quote]beijihu

I booked next vacation time in between March 5 ~15, 2010, I might drive there as I mentioned before.

Do you want to go to the north some time next year?[/quote]

Yes, thanks! Will keep schedule wide open...
发表于 2009-12-25 00:59:22 | 显示全部楼层

A Merry Christmas to people like you

Thank you for your attention!

A happy holiday and enjoy the sunny day.

It's Christmas Day  :kx:
 楼主| 发表于 2009-12-25 11:28:11 | 显示全部楼层
大家圣诞快乐!!!
请各位报名北极行的同学再次短信给我你们的EMAIL 地址及电话. everie和我将EAMIL大家出行计划, 然后每人根据自己的情况作出最后确定. "等行程方案大致确定后,大家可以聚一下(比如元旦前后),一来互相认识一下,知道各自的特长,另一方面是分一下工,分成几个小组,每个组负责一部分准备工作(预订机票、租车、住宿、装备...),还有2个多月,早些开始留意、准备,免得临行时过于忙乱"

:lol:
发表于 2009-12-26 10:51:46 | 显示全部楼层
everie
直接飞到whitehorse 或北部再租车活动的想法很不错,冬天驾车长途跋涉辛苦而且危险较多,如果坐一段飞机,节约时间和精力,可以保证重点活动玩得尽兴一些。

这个主意不错.我赞成.
发表于 2009-12-26 10:56:29 | 显示全部楼层
weiqi
大家圣诞快乐!!!
请各位报名北极行的同学再次短信给我你们的EMAIL 地址及电话. everie和我将EAMIL大家出行计划, 然后每人根据自己的情况作出最后确定. "等行程方案大致确定后,大家可以聚一下(比如元旦前后),一来互相认识一下,知道各自的特长,另一方面是分一下工,分成几个小组,每个组负责一部分准备工作(预订机票、租车、住宿、装备...),还有2个多月,早些开始留意、准备,免得临行时过于忙乱"
我的电话: 604-374-6158
:lol:

BOXING DAY快乐! 两位辛苦了.我这里随时等待召唤.站内短信已发.
发表于 2009-12-26 11:05:26 | 显示全部楼层

beijihu
[quote]starlight
[quote]beijihu

Do you want to go to the north some time next year?[/quote]
强烈希望BEIJIHU同志可以三月十五号至四月五号和我们一起走。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|Archiver|手机版|北美户外俱乐部

GMT-8, 2024-5-17 12:13 , Processed in 0.073118 second(s), 4 queries , File On.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表