注册
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友
楼主: 天藍蓝

Running--Sunday morning 8:30 am (07/20/2014) at Burnaby Lake

[复制链接]
扫一扫,手机访问本帖
发表于 2012-11-1 07:43:47 | 显示全部楼层
How about meet @Holdom Skytrain Station 8:00am on Sunday(Nov, 4th,2012)?

I am flexible.
 楼主| 发表于 2012-11-1 19:52:18 | 显示全部楼层
Hello, Lulu,
Great, I will be there. About the time, could we try 8:30 instead of 8 am? BTY, thanks for sharing the video, looking forward to watch it during school break.

To kitty,
If the running schedule does not work for you this weekend, hope you will be able to join us next time.

Be positive!
 楼主| 发表于 2012-11-1 20:43:11 | 显示全部楼层

Your World

Hi, group,
I happened to read this poem today, thought it may cheer our  spirits up. Enjoy!

YOUR WORLD by Georgia Douglas Johnson

Your world is as big as you make it
I know, for I used to abide
In the narrowest nest in a corner
My wings pressing close to my side

But I sighted the distant horizon
Where the sky-line encircled the sea
And I throbbed with a burning desire
To travel this immensity.

I battered the cordons around me
And cradled my wings on the breeze
Then soared to the uttermost reaches
with rapture, with power, with ease!

Cheers!
发表于 2012-11-1 22:27:34 | 显示全部楼层

sunday's run

i am good for either 8:00 or 8:30 a.m.  please note that we change time back by an hour this weekend.

Tianlanlan, thanks for the peom, i enjoyed it very much.

Let us spread the wings and have a great run (fly, i should say) on sunday.

Explorer
发表于 2012-11-2 05:15:43 | 显示全部楼层
Let' meet @ 8:30 am on Sunday then, happy running
发表于 2012-11-2 09:51:21 | 显示全部楼层

Bring your change clothes

If it is raining, please bring your change clothes.  You can leave them in my car, and get a shower and changed after the run either at Burnaby Sport Complex or Steve Nash Fitness World on Lougheed, which I am a member.
发表于 2012-11-2 10:07:08 | 显示全部楼层

Re: Bring your change clothes

EXPLORER
If it is raining, please bring your change clothes.  You can leave them in my car, and get a shower and changed after the run either at Burnaby Sport Complex or Steve Nash Fitness World on Lougheed, which I am a member.

Thanks Jim!  That's very kind of you   :r:  :gd:

西行客
今年的日光节约时即将结束,切莫忘记在4日凌晨2时把时钟拨慢一小时。(美联社)

加拿大和美国的日光节约时间 (daylight saving time)将于本周日(11月4日)凌晨结束,恢复使用标准时间 (standard time),民众应在周六晚上睡觉前将时钟拨慢一个小时,亦即这一晚可以多睡一小时。

为了节约用电,美加两地每年3月的第二个周日起使用日光节约时间,将时钟拨快一小时;每年11月的第一个周日起恢复标准时间,将时钟拨慢一小时。

消防及紧急救援机构建议,每年这个时候除将时钟拨慢一小时外,还应顺便检查一下家中的火警及一氧化碳警报器,及时更换失效的电池,以免火灾或一氧化碳中毒等意外事件发生。
发表于 2012-11-2 17:41:28 | 显示全部楼层
did 14Km with Explorer this evening. Finished just before rain, feel great after the run :lol:
 楼主| 发表于 2012-11-2 20:02:48 | 显示全部楼层
Hello, Lulu and Explorer,
Thanks for the encouragement and update. Will see you all on Sunday morning at 8:30!

当科技越来越发展,社会也越来越崇尚个人独立的时候,我相信作为一个整体,我们也正面临着走向孤单边缘的危险。如果不能够去承认和意识到个人内心和力量的脆弱,不能够去value 人和人之间与生俱来的deep connections ,在物质水平快速发展的今天,我想我们的社会其实并没有获得真正意义上的成长。

希望你可以有信心来到我们的队伍中,也希望我们有勇气微笑着说:欢迎你! 让我们好好的认识一下吧!

Keep Running!
发表于 2012-11-3 11:40:21 | 显示全部楼层
天藍蓝

让简单的快乐在我们手中传递, 让温暖的力量在我们心中感动, 让我们再一次努力,一起继续快乐慢跑吧!

Your uplifting heart and encouraging spirit are quite inspirational that have always motivated me to reach out the next few kilometers each time we run together, it’s been great to run with a happy soul like you. You’ve done a good job and  Keep it up!
发表于 2012-11-3 12:00:08 | 显示全部楼层
lulululu
Let' meet @ 8:30 am on Sunday then, happy running

如果明天早晨不是下著大雨,會跟著你們一起跑。
发表于 2012-11-3 12:07:10 | 显示全部楼层

Re: Bring your change clothes

EXPLORER

Jim, is there a place you would recommend for parking near Holdom Skytrain Station?  Where will you park?

Thanks
发表于 2012-11-3 12:10:27 | 显示全部楼层

Re: sunday's run

EXPLORER

Let us spread the wings and have a great run (fly, i should say) on sunday.
Explorer

and get splash in the rain?!  long time no see:))
发表于 2012-11-3 16:40:22 | 显示全部楼层

burnaby lake sport complex off kensington ave.

hi, our angel,

Long time no see, look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

The best place to park is the burnaby lake sport complex parking lot, behind the bill copeland sports building off kensington ave. A huge parking lot sould be easy to find.

Alternatively, we can meet at holdom station,  the shop parking lot at the NE corner of lougheed and holdom and go to burnaby lake together.

Look likes we will have a quite few runners, it is going to be fun.  mybe coffee afterward as well.

Jim
发表于 2012-11-3 17:11:17 | 显示全部楼层

Re: burnaby lake sport complex off kensington ave.

EXPLORER
hi, our angel,

Long time no see, look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

The best place to park is the burnaby lake sport complex parking lot, behind the bill copeland sports building off kensington ave. A huge parking lot sould be easy to find.

Alternatively, we can meet at holdom station,  the shop parking lot at the NE corner of lougheed and holdom and go to burnaby lake together.

Look likes we will have a quite few runners, it is going to be fun.  mybe coffee afterward as well.

Jim

Sounds great, Jim.  I'll meet you at Holdom Station.  See you tomorrow:))
 楼主| 发表于 2012-11-3 20:31:32 | 显示全部楼层
Angelbella
[quote]天藍蓝

让简单的快乐在我们手中传递, 让温暖的力量在我们心中感动, 让我们再一次努力,一起继续快乐慢跑吧!

Your uplifting heart and encouraging spirit are quite inspirational that have always motivated me to reach out the next few kilometers each time we run together, it’s been great to run with a happy soul like you. You’ve done a good job and  Keep it up![/quote]

Thanks, Angel!
 楼主| 发表于 2012-11-3 20:33:12 | 显示全部楼层

Re: burnaby lake sport complex off kensington ave.

Hello, Jim,
Coffee after a long run in the rain will be great, count me in!
 楼主| 发表于 2012-11-3 20:40:25 | 显示全部楼层
Hi, group,
Tomorrow if we run twice around the lake, it will probably be around 22km in the rain. Be aware and be prepared! just try our best!

Cheers!
发表于 2012-11-3 23:26:19 | 显示全部楼层
天藍蓝
Hi, group,
Tomorrow if we run twice around the lake, it will probably be around 22km in the rain. Be aware and be prepared! just try our best!

Cheers!

被這22km標誌嚇壞了 :sm5f:
 楼主| 发表于 2012-11-4 00:42:23 | 显示全部楼层
Hi, Angle, you are not alone. Yes, I am worried as well! haha! Just try our best!   Just let us fly as far as  we can!  We will be running side by side!

Cheers!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

小黑屋|Archiver|手机版|北美户外俱乐部

GMT-8, 2024-3-28 14:02 , Processed in 0.061248 second(s), 4 queries , File On.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表